Join Highland Planning for a fun and interactive half-day training on essential concepts, tools, and methods for public engagement. Learn why engaging the public can benefit your project as well as when and how to engage. Learn how to identify your stakeholders, how to design an effective public engagement process, respond to issues that come up, select tools and methods that align with your project goals, and ultimately create more successful outcomes by reducing risk.
Who should take this training?
This training workshop is designed for anyone whose work may affect and involve the public, including:
- Municipal employees
- Elected officials
What will you learn?
Through a series of interactive modules, this training workshop will provide an in-depth discussion of public engagement essentials and provide opportunities to examine your own unique experiences and challenges.
- Why Engage? Learn when and how to engage with your stakeholders and members of the public
- Essential Concepts: Learn five essential concepts for successful public engagement
- Tools & Methods: Learn how to select the right tools and methods for your project
- Engagement Planning and Design: Learn how to tailor an engagement process to your project
- Reducing Risk: Learn how to overcome biases and manage outrage
AICP members must be in attendance for the duration of the event in order to receive CM Credit.
The cost is $199 and includes all training materials, coffee, and a light breakfast.
Interested? Great! Register here.